21 July 2014

Nourish Golden Glow Toning Body Shimmer

Nourish is one of my favourite brands for natural, organic products. They always feel so indulgent as they are packed full of beautiful butters and oils. The Golden Glow Toning Body Shimmer* is no exception.
The idea of this product is that it helps give skin a warm, lightly shimmering, glow whilst keeping skin hydrated, balanced and helping to tone all in one go. A big ask!
The packaging is sleek and I love the simplicity of it. White and gold are one of my favourite colour combinations and sat on my white dressing table this looks in-keeping and feminine whilst also looking quite high-end.
The bottle has a pump dispenser that deposits enough product to massage into both arms and along collar bones if you press it down fully or if you press lightly you can get just a little product out.
The product itself has a rich, creamy texture and contains light reflecting particles (which are a nightmare to catch in a photograph!) and due to a combination of argan oil and aloe vera leaf juice sinks beautifully into the skin leaving it feeling hydrated and silky smooth. It has a lightly incense like aroma coming from frankincense, myrrh and neroli oils which are all known for their positive effect on the senses- in fact, neroli is a natural antidepressant as it helps with the release of serotonin. 77% of the ingredients are organic, 6.5% are natural minerals and all are cruelty free!
I really like the finish that this product has on the skin. Instead of looking shiny, it just gives a warm glow which is subtle enough even on skin as fair as mine. When hit by the sun it lights up and really gives skin a healthy, luminous look. I've had several comments about how nice my skin has been looking whilst wearing this and I have to say that I see a real difference in the mirror and in photos. Another little trick I've been using is to mix a small dab into my foundation to give a dewy, fresh finish that also stops the foundation clinging to any dry patches.

Over all, I have been very impressed with the product. I wouldn't say that it is overly toning as it simply works to tone by keeping the skin well hydrated and the addition of a little gentle marine extract, but in my eyes, that isn't the main selling point of the product. The effect on the skin is beautiful and perfect for spring all the way through to autumn . Worn along arms, legs and collar bones it gives a long lasting glow, definition and warmth. A 100ml bottle will set you back £25.00 *here* and last you through the whole season, so in my opinion it is well worth investing.

What do you think? Will you be investing in a bottle?
Annie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment